Work at AIM
We encourage smart people to invent and evolve
We're Looking For People With Passion
Active Interest Media is committed to developing a community of dedicated professionals with the ability and drive to provide the best service possible through their career path within AIM.
AIM seeks to promote from within while also incorporating the diverse talent that can be found outside of the organization.
Active Interest Media is a company actively acquiring and building market-leading enthusiast publications and other media platforms. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long and short term disability, FSA and 401k.
Art Director, SKI
Active Interest Media — Mountain Group
SKI, Warren Miller Entertainment, & Fly Fishing Film Tour
Title: Art Director
Design and production:
- Conceive and design compelling magazine layouts, including departments, features, and covers
- Work collaboratively with Directors across multiple brands and departments, including edit, sales, marketing and film tours
- Create striking, on-brand visual design packages, digital visuals, logos, brand elements, promotional materials, and film tour collateral.
- Review and manage Zinio digital editions
- Assign and direct contributor illustrations from start to completion
- Assist Photo Director in generating innovative concepts for product photography, and in set and product styling as needed
- Offer creative guidance to team members to promote visual consistency across platforms
- Supply creative assistance as needed with AIM Outdoor Group brands, including Climbing Magazine.
- Manage production and Epson proofs for print products, and work with Production Director to resolve any quality issues
- Manage design archives
The ideal candidate:
- Has consumer magazine design/layout design experience, strong production skills and at least 5-6 years of experience as a designer
- Has a broad knowledge of typography, logo design, illustration, photography and color management
- Is proficient with Adobe CC apps, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Is a self-starter, highly organized, and deadline driven with superb project and time-management skills
- Thinks outside the box to generate unique, conceptual designs
- Welcomes collaborative input from editors, staff, and clients and is willing to translate those suggestions into design drafts
- Holds a degree in graphic design or a related field
- Has a passion for the outdoors and the mountain lifestyle–knowledge of ski gear and trends is a plus
- Lives in the Boulder, Colorado area or will relocate to Colorado
To apply, email letter or other thoughtful expression of your interest, resume, to:
No phone calls please.
About AIM’s Mountain Group
AIM’s Mountain Group is comprised of the ski world’s best and most-loved ski media brands: Warren Miller Entertainment, the most successful adventure-film company in history, and SKI Magazine, established in 1936 and the go-to resource for gear, resort, and travel destination information.
In addition to those marquee brands, the Mountain Group offers online courses as part of AIM’s Adventure University and partners with key snowsports industry clients to provide strategic marketing solutions through AIM’s own agency, Catapult Creative Labs, and AIM Studios, AIM’s in-house production company dedicated to digital video.
Consumer Business Analyst, Audience Development
About the Consumer Business Analyst Role:
The Consumer Business Analyst will play a key role in the development and growth of AIM’s wide range of membership programs. You will be responsible for generating reports and analysis using SQL. You will also help to build and define new data pipelines as needed to integrate additional data sources.
You will gain deep experience with a wide variety of tools including SQL (Snowflake), Matillion ETL, Mode Analytics (BI Visualization), and Python.
Success in this role will be the translation of business questions into relevant, actionable, analysis to provide insight and drive growth for AIM’s membership programs.
In this position, you will primarily fill the following roles:
● SQL Data Analyst
○ Abile to write and maintain complex SQL queries for reporting
○ Comfortable with joins, subqueries, conditional aggregates, window functions, etc.
● Business Analyst
○ Able to aggregate information from multiple sources and arrive at actionable insights
○ Analysis will include Customer LTV, Churn, Price Sensitivity, etc.
You may also be asked to assist as Data Engineer to manage the transfer of data in/out of the data warehouse and as Marketing Scientist to design and measure experiments.
To do this role well, you must have experience with: SQL and Microsoft Excel
Your background likely includes:
● 2-3 years of SQL experience (able to analyze existing tables and write complex queries day 1)
● 1-2 years an analyst delivering actionable insight
● Bachelors in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics preferred
Why should you work at Active Interest Media (AIM)?
At Active Interest Media, we care about you: your growth in your career, your experience in the industry, your well being.
To that end, we offer a range of benefits including everything from internal mentorship opportunities, access to our premium educational content for health & well being, free yoga in the office from renowned instructors, great health benefits & competitive compensation.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please send resume and cover letter to Tom Masterson
Digital Business Development Specialist, Home Group
The Home Group is currently looking for a Digital Business Development Specialist. This position will be responsible for developing relationships with potential advertising companies and selling advertising to support our brands - Cuisine at home, Garden Gate, Woodsmith, Log Home Living, Old House Journal and Traditional Building. The primary duties for this position include:
- Selling banner ads and sponsored content
- Content marketing
- Lead generation
- Developing custom e-newsletters and digital case studies
- Download white papers
- Paid social media and video production delivered via our social and digital networks
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of proven business development and sales experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a team player.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Pete Miller at.
AIM is an equal opportunity employer.
Digital Director, Backpacker, Boulder CO
Digital Media Planner, Active Living Group
Title: Digital Media Planner
Reports to: Executive Director of Marketing
Location: Boulder, CO
The Active Interest Media Active Living Group is seeking a team-oriented digital media planner to join the energetic and collaborative marketing department. Our team of creative marketers brings the following media brands to life: BACKPACKER, Clean Eating, Climbing, SNEWS, Yoga Journal.
We craft integrated campaigns including print, digital, events, marketing services, licensing, custom content, video, and more. The Digital Media Planner will participate in the ideation of client campaigns (recommending new and effective digital media options) and will be responsible for creating and delivering accurate and effective media plans (formatted in our internal grid as well as agency-supplied grids). The Digital Media Planner will report to the Executive Marketing Director. This is a full-time role based in AIM’s office in Boulder, CO.
The ideal candidate surfs between chaos and precision. You can brainstorm with the team and then deliver highly detailed plans that support the client’s KPIs while maximizing margin. Your passions are digital media, consumer programs, and you are passionate about an active and healthy lifestyle. Do you love working hard for clients, finding solutions to their challenges, and then presenting them? Do you look at the media landscape and see the constant changes as opportunities? If those answers are yes, you should apply for this job today.
This is a team environment. We’re looking for a contributor who is equally good at stepping up and offering solutions as they are hanging back and running with someone else’s idea.… and knowing when the time is right for both.
The Digital Media Planner will be responsible for brainstorming, proposing, and delivering digital media plans. The ideal candidate must be able to manage day-to-day deadlines, stay current on digital advertising media while maintaining strong relationships with the sales team and the marketing department.
· Assist in digital media strategy development for top tier clients
· Develop and manage digital media plans
· Manage the day-to-day implementation, and optimization of campaign activities
· Manage campaign authorizations, budgets, and reconciliation process
· Analyze research data and media/marketing information
· Monitor and assess ongoing campaign performance; assist in strategic analysis of campaigns
· Other responsibilities as assigned
· Must be a self-starter, with strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal direction
· Deadline oriented – advanced delivery of plans is a must
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong time-management and organizational skills
· Strong written, verbal communication skills. Good presentation skills a plus
· Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships
· Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects. Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
· Experience with MediaRadar & Smartsheets a plus, but not required
· 2-4 years of experience in a digital media planning/buying position, preferably with an agency
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Experience with campaign management and ad serving technology: DoubleClick/Google Ad Manager, Innovid, Prisma, Google Analytics
· Preferred working knowledge of third-party Internet marketing research: comScore Media Metrix, Nielsen NetView, @Plan, NetRatings, and others
· Broad understanding of the programmatic landscape
· Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Experience analyzing data and market research
· Familiarity with basic accounting/math principles; basic statistical analysis experience is a plus
· Experience in the active sports industry a plusPlease send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
ABOUT ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA
Marketing Coordinator, Active Living Group
Active Interest Media (AIM) | ACTIVE LIVING GROUP
Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Brand Marketing Manager
We craft integrated campaigns including print, digital, events, marketing services, licensing, custom content, video, and more. The Marketing Coordinator will support the marketing team in striving for client satisfaction and campaign success. The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Senior Brand Marketing Manager. This is a full-time role based in AIM’s office in Boulder, CO.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn about the ever-changing media marketing space. You can meet challenges with enthusiasm and are adept at keeping senior management informed. Your interests are marketing and advertising, consumer events, and you are passionate about an active and healthy lifestyle. Do you love working hard together with a fun and talented team? Do you look at the media landscape and see that while there is change there is also a ton of opportunity? If those answers are yes, you should apply for this job today.
This is a team environment. We’re looking for a coordinator who is equally good at stepping up and offering solutions as they are hanging back and taking direction.… and knowing when the time is right for both.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Digital campaign booking in inventory management tool for Yoga Journal, Clean Eating, Backpacker, Climbing, and SNEWS
· Manage the digital asset collection process by directly communicating spec guidelines and deadlines to brand partners + provide timely follow-up emails/phone calls to meet launch timelines
· Assist in the management of sponsored social post execution across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels
· Assist in project management by working with internal designers to create co-branded materials
· Develop sales tools to include monthly site profile sheets, media plans, audience research, and case studies
· Communicate weekly inventory availability to reps at the beginning and middle of each month
· Assist in taking screenshots of digital media and organizing those files for future use
· Create & analyze monthly metric reports for select digital advertisers
· Build custom screenshot reports for select custom digital campaigns
· Assist the marketing/sales departments with a variety of tasks when necessary
· 1-year experience in marketing and/or digital
· Capacity to balance, prioritize and deliver accurate results under tight deadlines
· Organization skills to track many things at the same time
· Proactive and positive approach to problem solving and in working with people
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· An interest in new, emerging technology (and a fast learner!)
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of
employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
ABOUT ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA
Marketing Operations Manager- Marketing Services - Boulder, CO, Catapult
Web Developer - Des Moines, IA, Home Group
Active Interest Media is looking for a qualified Web Developer to join our team. You will be responsible for the implementation and day-to-day management of various new/existing digital properties to support the business.
For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with the ability to understand how technology can help us achieve our business goals. You should be methodical and have EXCELLENT time management skills. The Web Developer will collaborate with other team members to create and implement diverse web projects.
· Provide scripting/programming support to support the business.
· Assist in the development of processes to streamline the updating and re-design of web sites.
· Develop and re-purpose content for web sites and other digital initiatives.
· Keep up-to-date on developments and trends in the web applications development field.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must be a self-starter who is able to take initiative on projects and to plan and organize their time.
- A passion for technology. Someone willing to go out on a limb and try new things.
- 1- 3 years’ experience working as a front-end web developer.
- Experience with Python or Bootstrap is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
- Experience with Shopify a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with little supervision and be able to translate business requirements into finished products.
Click the link below to apply online, or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIM is an equal opportunity employer.